Click here to download resume.
CEDRIC V. BROWN
EDUCATION Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, Georgia
B.F.A. Fashion Design, 2014
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
2014 A Man’s Story U.S. Design Competition Winner, Selected by Ozwald Boateng
2012 SCAD Special Topics Fashion Scholarship Recipient
2012 SCAD Paintpals Scholarship Recipient
2012 Congressional Black Caucus Spouses Education Scholarship Recipient
2012 Special Congressional Recognition of Invaluable Service to the Community
2011 United Negro College Fund Frito Lays Visual Art Scholarship Recipient
2011 United Negro College Fund Spencer Williams Visual Art Scholarship Recipient
2011 Congressional Black Caucus Visual Arts Scholarship Recipient
2011 SCAD Academic Honors Scholarship Recipient
2011 SCAD Artistic Honors Scholarship Recipient
2011 SCAD Multicultural Scholarship Recipient
2011 Georgia Perimeter College Leadership Academy Scholarship Recipient
2011 Daisy Friday and Lucile House Visual Arts Scholarship Recipient
2010 Congressional Black Caucus Visual Arts Scholarship Recipient
2010 Georgia Perimeter College Leadership Academy Scholarship Recipient
2009 1st Place in “Youth Teen Gambling Prevention” Art Competition
2009 Boys And Girls Club of Metro Atlanta Scholarship Recipient
2009 Paint Pals Art Scholarship Recipient
2009 Levi A. Simmons Scholarship Recipient
2009 Hope Scholarship Recipient
2008 1 of 7 Boys and Girls Club members chosen for the Beijing Program
2007 Honorable Mentions in "Human Dignity" art competition, sponsored by the Istanbul Center
2007 1st place in the "What My Future Holds?" Vox Teen Newspaper art competition
2010-Present As The Twig Bends, So The Tree Inclines; The Russian Museum of Art, St. Petersburg, Russia
• A piece of the museum’s permanent collection.
2011 A Night of Story Telling; Youth Art Connection Art Gallery, Atlanta, GA 2011
• Served as Curator
2008 Peace, Friendship & Goodwill through the Olympic Spirit International Youth Exhibition; Beijing, China
• One of two US youths chosen to exhibit work.
Sears Holding Corporation New York, New York
Boy’s Design Intern (June – August 2013)
• Created presentation boards for the buyer’s meetings. Updated the designer’s merchant sheets
after the completion of each meeting.
• Took part in competitor shopping and conducted fit comparisons.
• Created flat drawings in Adobe Illustrator and received training in Flex PLM.
Lane Crawford/ Pedder Group Central, Hong Kong
Illustrator/ Product Artist (October 2012)
• Selected as a featured artist for the Tom's "Style Your Sole" event at the Lane Crawford store in Hong Kong.
• Illustrated custom designs for store customers.
Ranee K Central, Hong Kong
Fashion Show Production Assistant/ Design Intern (September – October 2012)
• Assisted the Design Team with garment finishes, such as beading.
• Worked backstage during the “Sustainable Textiles Exhibition” fashion show, where I oversaw
the dressers to ensure models were styled correctly.
• Responsible for visually merchandising the store mannequins.